Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cheer up! Bob Mayer workshop

If you're a writer, this will mean something to you. If you're not, suffice it to say that I got to go to a workshop and hang out with my friends all day! The workshop was excellent. Bob is a fantastic presenter, though I would fail showing us movie clips without the sound and reading us the captions. The rest rocked, and he was a font of timely information about the industry as well as writing.

His other seminar, Warrior Writer, sounded just as good. I bought the book Who Dares Wins, which is what the Warrior Writer is based on. So far I love it. He's got a very interesting perspective. He's written romance with Jennifer Crusie, but he's a thriller writer, so he can relate to pretty much any writing audience well. He showed us a lot of skydiving deployment clips! "Easier to jump than to land" indeed!

Visit Bob's website! Check out his new publishing company, too.

And--back to the subject of this blog--I did great eating-wise today! First I stopped at Walmart and picked up some Goldfish crackers, some hard candy in case my blood sugar got low before lunch/break, and some breakfast bars. Then at lunch, I picked well, skipping the potato salad (a hard one during the summer, but so full of calories it's criminal) and eating a good portion of cottage cheese. I had 3 finger-sized eclairs and a bite of a my friend's cheesecake for dessert. Water to drink.

After my family picked me up, we went to dinner at Chili's, and I ate fajitas but only ate 2 tortillas and skipped the rice. Again drank water. Haven't added up yesterday's calories yet, but you start to get a feel for these things, and I think I stayed in my calorie allotment!

3 comments:

  1. Update: 200 calories over. I can live with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really close! good job! days out are really hard.

    (wv: prepalin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My trainer congratulated me, too. I like her better than the nurse!

    ReplyDelete