Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sweet potato salad and fried chicken--Gluten and egg free


Man, that was good! The salad was a South Beach recipe, and the fried chicken coating is just corn meal and Italian seasoning. I would like to find a finer ground meal, but this was still mighty tasty! I couldn't find the scallions and fresh basil at the store I went to, so I put in some green onions and Italian seasoning (my favorite go-to spice). Delicious!

The kids tried the salad, but they didn't like it. DH didn't even try it. I think I will make it with red potatoes next time, because I think that flavor will be more palatable, especially as the yogurt-based dressing is enough to get used to. I thought this sounded great, since my son can't eat eggs (which are pretty much in all commercial potato salads).

No comments:

Post a Comment